Problem during the installation of Kali Linux

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
caretaker22

Problem during the installation of Kali Linux

#1 Post by caretaker22 »

Hello everyone,
It's my first time writing a forum.
I have a problem during the installation of Kali Linux (Dual-Boot), I mean, two problems.
First one is that the keyboard doesnt work at all but I came up with an external one so that should be ok.
And the second problem, is that kali linux doesnt ask me to install grub. But when the installation has finished, I reboot, I go on the boot menu and select "Kali Linux", and it leaves on a black screen. Maybe the fact that they didnt ask me to install grub caused this black screen error ? I didn't know what to do so that's why I decided to hop on a forum.
I wanted to try boot-repair, but I wasn't sure.
Here is some details :
I have windows 11 running, 16 GO RAM and 256 GO SSD in storage.
My PC is a microsoft surface laptop 4.

If you wanna have other informations you can ask me. And if you want to talk in private, here is my mail adress :
<email address removed by moderator>
Pls help me, Ive been on this problem for weeks. :( :(

Diesel330

Re: Problem during the installation of Kali Linux

#2 Post by Diesel330 »

Have you tried the Kali support forum? If not try there. My guess is that you won't find help here as it is a Debian specific forum

caretaker22

#3 Post by caretaker22 »

Yes Ive tried this but I cannot post something. Thats why I came here. But you dont got any solutions or advices that you could give me ?

Diesel330

#4 Post by Diesel330 »

caretaker22 wrote: 2024-08-02 20:35 Yes Ive tried this but I cannot post something. Thats why I came here. But you dont got any solutions or advices that you could give me ?
Me not, I'm a casual user, you need support from knowledgeable people

Try this forum, it is general purpose: https://www.linux.org

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

If you wanna have other informations you can ask me. And if you want to talk in private, here is my mail adress :
It won't be very private if you publish your email address on the open internet, will it? I have removed your email address from the post. It may be that this is a public address you have no problem with being visible, but the forum has a private message function so it is not necessary anyway.

Without wishing to seem inhospitable, please see the forum guidelines:
This is primarily a Debian Operating System forum. While we are aware that Debian has many derivatives, some of them vary greatly in how they function, as such, threads about derivatives or other Operating Systems may not find solutions from users here who are based strictly on the Debian O/S. Therefore, those thread requests may be removed or shifted to the offtopic section at the moderators discretion. It may be best to seek solutions for derivatives and other Operating Systems on their own native forums.
https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=149781

This may be an issue specific to Kali Linux, and you should endeavour to find a way of posting on their forum.

caretaker22

#6 Post by caretaker22 »

Ok. I dont know if I'll be able to fix the problem but thanks anyway.

Trihexagonal
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#7 Post by Trihexagonal »

I've never dual-booted but this build of Kali GNU/Linux 2024.3 is 3 years old and ran continuously on a Lenovo 100 GB HDD. I would ditch Windows or buy another HDD and install Kali as the only OS. You'll have better luck.
Kali GNU/Linux 2024.3
Kali GNU/Linux 2024.3
All Your Words Are Belong To Us

trihexagonal.org