Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Easy installable 5Gb/s network card

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
Bert-Jan

Easy installable 5Gb/s network card

#1 Post by Bert-Jan »

I'm posting this here because I am very new to Debian. However, let me know if I should move this to another subforum.
I also tried asking this question in the Proxmox support forum but got no response. If the question is a stupid one, please also let me know, so I can learn.

I'm trying to get beyond the current 1Gb/s network speed on a Proxmox sever. I tried installing a QNAP QXG-5G2T-111C NIC (got that card for free) in my Proxmox server, but as I'm new to this I got stuck trying to install the drivers https://www.qnap.com/en/download?model= ... ory=driver, made a mess of things and got nowhere with that card.

So I'm now looking for a good 5Gb/s NIC, compatible with 2,5Gb/s and 1Gb/s. It would be great if there is a 5Gb/s NIC card for wich Debiab has drivers onboard, so even a n00b like me can get it up and running.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Easy installable 5Gb/s network card

#2 Post by sunrat »

Proxmox is based on Debian but is not Debian, so belongs in Offtopic subforum. Moved.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!