Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

k3b takes forever to load track info (other rippers load it fine)

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
casper :)

k3b takes forever to load track info (other rippers load it fine)

#1 Post by casper :) »

hello ^^ i was using k3b a few weeks ago and everything ran perfectly, i was able to rip all the cd's i wanted and it titled them perfectly. now when i enter a cd into the drive k3b takes a few minutes to load the info of all the songs. is there something wrong? maybe its my drive is going bad or something. im also running a fresh install of debian 11. like i said it ran perfectly fine just a few weeks ago and other rippers (Asunder) load all the info fine. anyone have any ideas?

happy 'tuxing!

casper :)

Re: k3b takes forever to load track info (other rippers load it fine)

#2 Post by casper :) »

If I put a new audio cd in the drive, k3b will not recognize it but then when I start a new session of k3b it will load the track info in a relatively fast manner. I’m wondering if there is just some bug with this or it’s my computer. Also, do I need to have a cache folder specified in the settings?

hmm...