Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Forum] [Read-Me] Forum information, requests, and feedback -Forum use.

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

[Forum] [Read-Me] Forum information, requests, and feedback -Forum use.

#1 Post by donald »

Hi, my name is Donald and I will be your subforum moderator here. I'd like to take this time to share a few points with you so that we can all work together on the forums and in this area of the forums.

Although the forums themselves are within Debian, the forums nor this subforum are for contacting the Debian project. Debian User Forums are setup and maintained for the user interaction of Debian* users. To contact Debian use the Mailing Lists or contact Debian through many of our Contact Points.

This particular sub-forum is for:

Forum Information: We will post threads and announcements here detailing changes to the forums, downtime, planned maintenance, and new features.

Feedback: We wish to keep open dialogue and not hide anything, this area is for direct feedback from you the users to the administration, staff, and moderators. You do not have to be sugary and sweet, but please do not be rude. We read and take the good comments and the bad. :) You can still PM individual members of staff if needed.

Feature requests:. If you would like to see a feature here start a thread about it, if the feature is available and warranted we will add it. Depending on the nature of the feature we may test it out for a bit and use it or test it out and with user/administration feedback decide not to use it. We stay within the official software repository for phpbb which is the software that this forum runs on, we will likely not invest heavily into customization or scripts mainly because we like smooth updates and finding people to maintain custom software can be difficult, it is easier to stay within the ecosystem.

Suggestions: Suggestions on how to make the forums better, requests for new areas, changes you would like to see, or review of something you would like to discuss.

This sub-forum falls under the Forum Guidelines, please re-read them as needed.

The Thread Prefixes for this forum are: [News], [Request], [Feedback]. and [Suggestion]

*Other Operating Systems are welcome here though they may not receive the level of support desired as we concentrate mainly on the Debian distribution.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank