Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Sid's Playpen - forum information

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
wizard10000
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Sid's Playpen - forum information

#1 Post by wizard10000 »

Hello - I'm wizard10000 and I'm the moderator of this subforum. The purpose of this forum is to provide support for users running (or who have questions about) development distributions of Debian. Let's get a few things out of the way -

First, a link to our toplevel forum guidelines.

And a few notes about this forum in particular:

Keep the respect level high, please. We've got folks from all sorts of backgrounds with varying skillsets so let's treat each user as you'd want to be treated. Every single one of us was a n00b once, let's try to keep that in mind. A side note that I'm pulling straight from forum guidelines, RTFM has no place in this forum. :)

All of us are smarter than any of us. One goal here is to leverage the community to provide support/feedback/whatever. I certainly don't know everything and kinda doubt that anyone else does either - let's work together to make this a welcoming and informative place to hang out.

Feedback is encouraged! If you see something we could do better (or do differently) please don't hesitate to speak up. I won't debate moderator actions in a public forum (that's what private messaging is for) but please share any ideas you may have to make this a better place.

Topic Prefixes. If you start a new thread please tag the thread with either [SID - Unstable] or [Testing - Bookworm]. You'll see the prefixes at the top of the message window when you start a new thread.

That said, please enjoy your stay here!
we see things not as they are, but as we are.
-- anais nin