Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

A blast from the past

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
cagehooper47

A blast from the past

#1 Post by cagehooper47 »

20221107_193528.jpg
20221107_193528.jpg (45.79 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
Yeah, Tux isn't looking so good. Just got him in a sealed Corel Linux box. I'ma try my hand at getting Word Perfect running on Buster. Why? Because I can. I still keep WP going on the windows side. I had it installed back in wheezy I think. Not too long ago. So I've dug into a few sites (that are left) that have some helpful info. Gonna see if it will work. If not....eh :wink:

th0ni

Re: A blast from the past

#2 Post by th0ni »

A word of advice for the young - don't throw away any physical CDs / DVDs. I had the 1997 four CDs Slackware set and threw them away. I'm very disappointed now :(

cagehooper47

#3 Post by cagehooper47 »

Yeah, actually corel linux is the first that I tried that I got WORKING on my old DOS box back in 1999. Got it from that old distributor that would sell burned linux cd's. Also got a copy of Debian Woody that didn't burn well and didn't work. But my old Corel cd got lost in a move. I have many of my previous. Including my copy of Mandrake 10 that was my first functional AND working linux install.

cagehooper47

#4 Post by cagehooper47 »

Well if anyone out there wishes to try to get WordPefect working. WP 8.1 from the old Corel Linux. I can say it can be done easily and painlessly. I got a copy from a thrift shop. I pulled off the wpfull package from the install disc. And with the help of the script from xwp8users.com I was able to get it working fine.