Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Overscan issue only in terminal console session?

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
dachshund-digital

#1 Post by dachshund-digital »

Hardware has an older ATI radeon 4290 GPU on motherboard. The GRUB resolution is correct, the initial screen after GRUB is right, the GDM3 and Gnome Desktop are correct, set to 1280x1024@60.02. However, when I jump to the terminal console screen (CTRL-ALT F7), the overscan is about 8 or 16 pixels off screen to the left. I have not found a way to fix this as yet, trying to address it. Any help appreciated.

NorthEast

Re: Overscan issue only in terminal console session?

#2 Post by NorthEast »

The only way I've resolved this, as I understand it, is by using the horizontal shift controls on the monitor itself. Adjusting for the console screen however, affected the GUI as well. YMMV.

dachshund-digital

Re: Overscan issue only in terminal console session?

#3 Post by dachshund-digital »

Yeah, that would work, but I have been playing with the refresh timing CVT settings and the refresh rate, and that seems to sometimes work depending on the monitor. For example, my HDMI monitor is 60 Hz, but when I force the configuration to 60.02 it does adjust a bit. Which is odd that a digital EDID driven monitor would be tweaked abit in such a way?