Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SOLVED] Debhelper woes

Programming languages, Coding, Executables, Package Creation, and Scripting.
MultiplexLayout

[SOLVED] Debhelper woes

#1 Post by MultiplexLayout »

I am trying to package Yuzu and I have some questions
  • Is it possible to automate filling in the Build-depends field of control? In the same way as you can use ${shlibs:Depends} to fill the Depends field?
  • After dh_auto_install runs, the install prefix has directories bin/ lib/ include/ share/. I want to exclude the lib/ and include/ directory. I'm sure I've seen this done in a rules file with the -X and --exclude= option, but for me dh_auto_install just ignores it.
  • My toolchain necessitates using Clang, but dh_dwm crashes if you don't use DWARF-4. According to this bug report, you can force this with the "-gdwarf-4" flag. How do I do this in a cmake-based rules file? -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -gdwarf-4" doesn't work. Nor does passing this option to -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS.
FWIW, here is what my rules file looks like:

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/make -f

CMAKE_OPTIONS := \
	-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
	-DYUZU_USE_QT_WEB_ENGINE=ON \
	-DYUZU_USE_EXTERNAL_SDL2=OFF \
	-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang-14 \
	-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++-14 \
	-DYUZU_TESTS=OFF \
	-DYUZU_CHECK_SUBMODULES=OFF \
	-DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS="${CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS} -gdwarf-4"

%:
	dh $@

override_dh_auto_configure:
	mkdir obj-$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH) && cd obj-$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH) && cmake .. -GNinja $(CMAKE_OPTIONS)

override_dh_make:
	cd obj-$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH) && ninja

override_dh_auto_install:
	dh_auto_install -Xlib/cmake/xbyak/* -Xinclude/tsl/* -Xusr/include/xbyak/*  --
Last edited by MultiplexLayout on 2022-12-05 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

gusnan

Re: Debhelper woes

#2 Post by gusnan »

MultiplexLayout wrote:My toolchain necessitates using Clang, but dh_dwm crashes if you don't use DWARF-4. According to this bug report, you can force this with the "-gdwarf-4" flag. How do I do this in a cmake-based rules file? -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -gdwarf-4" doesn't work. Nor does passing this option to -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS.
What if you try something like this:

DEB_CMAKE_OPTIONS ?= -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -gdwarf-4"
in your rules file?

MultiplexLayout

Re: Debhelper woes

#3 Post by MultiplexLayout »

gusnan wrote: 2022-12-03 00:00
MultiplexLayout wrote:My toolchain necessitates using Clang, but dh_dwm crashes if you don't use DWARF-4. According to this bug report, you can force this with the "-gdwarf-4" flag. How do I do this in a cmake-based rules file? -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -gdwarf-4" doesn't work. Nor does passing this option to -DCMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS.
What if you try something like this:

DEB_CMAKE_OPTIONS ?= -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -gdwarf-4"
in your rules file?
Thank you for replying.
Unfortunately that didn't change anything. I fixed it eventually by adding both -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="${CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS} -gdwarf-4" and -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} -gdwarf-4" to my cmake options. Marking this as solved anyway.