Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Installation] Connection problems with Gigolo

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
olliegab

[Installation] Connection problems with Gigolo

#1 Post by olliegab »

Hi
I have been using mainly Mint and Ubuntu over the years, but I also tried Debian a few years back; a distro I really like. I have now re-kindled my relationship with Debian (Debian 11) but there are a few things that bother me. I know that Debian is a bit more of a DIY distro than the more user friendly(?) Ubuntu/Mint and I have tried to follow various recommendations to get things to work.
For instance, I like Gigolo, but when trying to connect to my NAS, it gives me the message: "Connection failed. The software stopped your attempt" (or something along those lines).
Installing Gigolo on Ubuntu and Mint have been straight forward and it works fine "out of the box".
"Should" it be more difficult on Debian? Or is it just me doing it incorrectly?
I just used, from the command line: 'sudo apt install gigolo', which initially seems to work fine. it's at the connection point to my NAS it fails.

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Installation] Connection problems with Gigolo

#2 Post by CwF »

Check which fuse version is installed, in 11 gigolo needs fuse3.