Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Mounting an outdated server's folder via SSHFS: how do I pass over KexAlgorithms-opts?

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
eugrus

[Software] Mounting an outdated server's folder via SSHFS: how do I pass over KexAlgorithms-opts?

#1 Post by eugrus »

Code: Select all

root@CLIENT.NET:~# sshfs root@SERVER.NET/mnt/disk1/HDD1 /mnt/tmp -o KexAlgorithms=diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1
,diffie-hellman-group1-sha15
fuse: unknown option(s): `-o diffie-hellman-group1-sha15'
Is it done somehow different with sshfs? Or just not possible? The client connects to the server via ssh fine with the same options.

eugrus

Re: [Software] Mounting an outdated server's folder via SSHFS: how do I pass over KexAlgorithms-opts?

#2 Post by eugrus »

Creating a ~/.ssh/config including KexAlgorithms in there didn't help btw:

root@CLIENT.NET:~# cat ~/.ssh/config
Ciphers aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com,chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com

Host SERVER.NET
    Port 222 # sic
    KexAlgorithms       diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha15
root@CLIENT.NET:~# sshfs root@SERVER.NET:/mnt/disk1/HDD1 /mnt/tmp
read: Connection reset by peer
(as if with no options)
Last edited by eugrus on 2022-12-01 11:45, edited 2 times in total.

reinob

Re: [Software] Mounting an outdated server's folder via SSHFS: how do I pass over KexAlgorithms-opts?

#3 Post by reinob »

The problem is (I think) the comma, in

-o KexAlgorithms=diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha15
as sshfs splits the options with comma, you does as if you'd written:

-o KexAlgorithms=diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1 -o diffie-hellman-group1-sha15
Maybe you can escape the comma, or do

-o "KexAlgorithms=diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha15"
but I'm not sure (just test it :)).