Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Help for missing pdf thumbnails in debian 11

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
mauromago

[Solved] Help for missing pdf thumbnails in debian 11

#1 Post by mauromago »

Hi
Few days ago i updated my system (new installation) from 9 to 11 debian version. For the most is all OK, but yesterday I discovered that are not generated thumbnails for pdf files. Images, videos and fonts are OK, but no way for PDF.
I installed and removed (more times) in different combination PDF viewer and file browser, without solving the problem, obviously i deleted more times the thmbs cache.
I checked on dconf that pdf was not on black list for thums, controlled (with my limit) that problem was not coming from apparmor. Now I have no more idea. Any suggestion?
My DM is Mate and main file browser is Caja, prefered pdf viewer (the first installed) is Okular. What i read around googling has not been very usefull :( .

Thanks in advance

M

Add here the update. I installed Atril (has done more time before) and after cleaning the cache thumbs appeared. No idea why this time worked and since not worked before i don't think it is a solution to the problem, just luck. :D