Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] ?Stop Lock screen when screensaver activates

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
bkpsusmitaa

#1 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

Have been using xscreensaver-demo for a long time, using the start menu icon xscreensaver-properties.desktop
I use "Blank Screen Only", with:
Advanced / "Power Management" / "Display Power Management" / "Quick Power-off in Blank Only Mode" Active and "Power Management Enabled" Active.

When I move the mouse to use the screen I find that I have to log in/unlock screen as my user profile again with password.

I want to use the screensaver without having to log in all the time. How to stop this aspect? I mostly use knoppix for regular work and Debian for system administration, but currently been using Debian only as it is the latest one. Knoppix has not updated for a long time.

Yes, "Power Management Enabled" unticking could help,but this disables "xset dpms force off", i.e., the screen LEDs still glow, not switched off. So is there any other means possible?
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home

bkpsusmitaa

#2 Post by bkpsusmitaa »

used lxsession-edit.desktop and turned off the Screen Locker.
But this doesn't solve the problem when a system is restarted from a 'Suspend'. Restarted from "Suspend", the system shows a login screen. May be it is good in some cases where there is a possibility for a laptop to be stolen. But is an irritant when not.
Freedom is impossible to conceive.
Books that help:
Dale Carnegie's How To Win Friends And Influence People and Emilie Post's Etiquette In Society, In Business, In Politics, And At Home