Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Hardware] fan control qcontrol for TrueNAS + TVS-672XT

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Vieno

[Hardware] fan control qcontrol for TrueNAS + TVS-672XT

#1 Post by Vieno »

hi :) Intending on installing TrueNAS Scale onto a QNAP TVS-672XT and queried this re LCD and fan control on a TrueNAS forum. Someone suggested I look up qcontrol. I read thishttps://manpages.debian.org/bullseye/qc ... .1.en.html in Debian wiki - seems to support TS range but wondered whether anyone has tried it/has knowledge re: QNAP TVS-x72 model range. Will hopefully be trying to install at weekend - as it is Debian based should I be able to SSH into it to instal qcontrol (i'm newish to terminal :? )? If so any ideas on how I could check/test it is working?
thanks for any help

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Hardware] fan control qcontrol for TrueNAS + TVS-672XT

#2 Post by CwF »

Vieno wrote: 2023-01-23 16:50 If so any ideas on how I could check/test it is working?
Well I don't know yet!
Here's a random example of a panel genmon, nicer example include some 'notify-send' too;

Code: Select all

#fans.sh
#!/bin/sh
f7="$(cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/fan7_input)"
f2="$(cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/fan2_input)"
f8="$(cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon4/fan8_input)"
echo "<txt>"  $f8 $f2 $f7 rpm"</txt>"
echo "<tool>"left case $f8"
"center case $f2"
"cpus $f7 rpm"</tool>"
You would need to cat and grep around in /sys/class/hwmon/
This is the where any monitor or controller program gets and sets it's parameters. It varies per computer, and per release, updates can shuffle things. If you look at the directories contents it's somewhat self-explanatory. Some results need math, but you can poll the right things to get the answers you want, remotely.

Vieno

Re: [Hardware] fan control qcontrol for TrueNAS + TVS-672XT

#3 Post by Vieno »

thanks for reply i will try to learn about genmon and the code you posted as I guess I will likely have to try and tweak/test things. plans were delayed due to covid. . . but being rescheduled soon. again much appreciate the guidance.