Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Hardware] Benchmarking results issues

Need help with peripherals or devices?
edx209

[Hardware] Benchmarking results issues

#1 Post by edx209 »

As the title states I am currently dual booting Debian 11 XFCE/Windows 10 for work and after running benchmarks Windows seems to be faster in overall performance? This HAS to be a driver issue.Asrock x300w motherboard/itx caseRyzen 5 5600G with Radeon APU16GB ddr4 3200Mhz ram512GB Nvme m.2 SSD*Debian 11 was a BASE install and I added and installed packages after. I have had a hell of time getting the AMD drivers to install and currently running the latest AMDGPU driver. I cannot get OPENCL to work which makes some programs not available ie. video editing. Windows is fully updated with official drivers.

Graphic wise the Windows side is getting on average 10-15FPS more than Linux in any given game.Even running opengl aquarium test in a browser sees a large gap in frames? Still thinking driver.Now for some cross benchmarking results.

Silverbench Windows Linux
Run 1 43088 41093
Run 2 44491 41090

Basemark 3.0 Windows Linux
Run 1 1403 1039

Geekbench Windows Linux
Run 1 1491/7653 1588/7999

WebGL FPS Windows Linux
Run 1 54 44-45

Games any title - anywhere from 10-15 FPS difference. Windows gets the nod.Now I am sure it is driver related or maybe the APU under Linux.I am definitely feeling a difference between the two and I know Linux should be better. The Adrenaline driver suite as a leg up on Linux with settings without having to use the in game only.I feel that maybe I need a better driver install for linux?

This is the first time in the years I have used Linux that I have done a base install. Maybe I am missing some optimisations? Linux should be stomping windows and it is not. Before switching to another distro thought I would see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Hardware] Benchmarking results issues

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,
Have you tested a newer Linux kernel ?
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀