Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

lbclc/llvm: OpenCL on modern AMD GPUs

Need help with peripherals or devices?
wanne

lbclc/llvm: OpenCL on modern AMD GPUs

#1 Post by wanne »

This is a duplicate of this: https://debianforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=186074
I want to use OpenCL on the Radeon RX 7900 XT.

But I get errors like this:

Code: Select all

=== CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_LOG ===
fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1100-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory
  Preferred work group size multiple (kernel)     <getWGsizes:1504: create kernel : error -46>

Code: Select all

clCompileProgram(): CL_COMPILE_PROGRAM_FAILURE

fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1100-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory
Problem seems that my libclc is to old. But even if I download the 16 Alpha from llvm, it seems that I get only support for Cards that are older than 5 years (gfx1010 and older).
So is there really no useful support for GPU Computing on AMD-Cards at all? I mean before using 5 year old cards I rather use a modern day CPU.

Most people recommend to use the AMD-PRO-driver. But it is out of support for a while and not downloadable any more.