Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Forum] Scheduled Forum update, upgrade, and maintenance, planned for 2023-11-02.

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin

[Forum] Scheduled Forum update, upgrade, and maintenance, planned for 2023-11-02.

#1 Post by donald »

Please take into consideration that the forum will be unavailable for planned maintenance Thursday of NEXT week: 2023-03-23.

The timeframe will be 19:00 EDT / 23:00 UTC.

This the the second cleanup toward the following:

Database cleanup.
Software update.
Full O/S update.
Checks on files of super super secret nature.
Detailed Log reviews.

We may:
Do a small set purge of aged inactive users and old unanswered threads.
Remove under used and unused features. Not many remain that are not used, so most likely not.

Timing:
These tasks should only take a few hours.
The rain date for this will be 2023-03-25.

This thread will remain open until and for 1 week after the maintenance.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank

revmacian

Re: [Forum] Scheduled Forum update, upgrade, and maintenance, planned for 2023-03-23.

#2 Post by revmacian »

Thank you for the advance notice. I wish other websites would do advance notice like this.. instead of just a huge "We're sorry for any inconvenience" banner on the day of maintenance.
US Navy NEC HM8404, FMF

donald

Re: [Forum] Scheduled Forum update, upgrade, and maintenance, planned for 2023-03-23.

#3 Post by donald »

revmacian wrote: 2023-03-18 13:27 Thank you for the advance notice. I wish other websites would do advance notice like this.. instead of just a huge "We're sorry for any inconvenience" banner on the day of maintenance.
Anytime.

Me too. Few things are more frustrating than going to a resource and it is not working. No notice irks me like a wayward shopping cart that makes one wonder if one is in the wrong neighborhood or makes one reflect on the depravity of your fellow man. :D

Worst offenders IMHO are banks that do work on a Monday morning.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank

donald

Please take into consideration that the forum will be unavailable for planned maintenance Thursday of NEXT week: 2023-11

#4 Post by donald »

Please take into consideration that the forum will be unavailable for planned maintenance Thursday of NEXT week: 2023-11-02.

The timeframe will be 19:00 EDT / 23:00 UTC.

This the the third cleanup toward the following:

Database cleanup.
Software update.
Full O/S update.
Checks on files of super super secret nature.
Detailed Log reviews.

We may:
Do a small set purge of aged inactive users and old unanswered threads.

Timing:
These tasks should only take a few hours.
The rain date for this will be 2023-11-12.

This thread will remain open until and for 1 week after the maintenance.
Typo perfectionish.

happyfeet8827

Re: [Forum] Scheduled Forum update, upgrade, and maintenance, planned for 2023-11-02.

#5 Post by happyfeet8827 »

Thanks I really appreciate that the administration staff are kind enough to advise the community members of planned maintenance. I say this because I'm also a member of the Linuxquestions.org community and the administrators over on that forum seem to forget to warn the community at large of planed maintenance.