Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Buster Gnome How to turn on and use Mouse keys

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
John99

[Software] Buster Gnome How to turn on and use Mouse keys

#1 Post by John99 »

Hi :) , Unsure whether to post this as a beginners Question or here. No doubt someone will move the post if necessary.

I am trying to get mouse keys to work. Temporarily for a session would be fine. I am able to get an icon on the top line with a drop-down giving an options list including a slider button for "Mouse Keys". That slides and toggles from a black and white "OFF" to a blue and white "ON"

I am expecting at this point Mouse Keys would become immediately active. For instance using NumPad key 8 the mouse pointer would move upwards.
I am trying this with Num Lk off. The Numlock LED works and is off when I attempt this.
Am I doing something wrong or overlooking a setting ?

I did glance at apparently related
Debian testing no more numpad in gnome 3.20.2 [solved]
Off Topic
unsure if that is how to link to another post I just treated it as an external iink
That person had the opposite problem s/he initially had Mouse Keys on inadvertently. I note they mention "accessibility option"
In my case I presume the equivalent is Settings > Universal Access

I am using a Laptop Computer with a built in trackpad rather than a separate mouse.