Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] gnome keyring unlock with fingerprint problem

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
oida

[Software] gnome keyring unlock with fingerprint problem

#1 Post by oida »

Hi,
using the fingerprint reader i run into a weird problem. First i will describe the typical use of my labtop, it's a lenovo x395 with debian bullseye. I use to notebook about 1/2 the time in the docking station, which works well, but after using it in the dock the next time on the road i unlock with the fingerprint, but i also had to unlock the gnome keyring with password. Changing the password to an empty one everything works fine until using the dock again.

Well, using the password while in the dock is ok since the notebook is closed, but next time using on the go fingerprint works fine but still had to enter the password to unlock the keyring and then walk through changing the keyring passwort back to empty. Locking the empty password showes no effect.

Well, it's a minor problem but very annoying so hopefully there is a solution for this behavior.

Thank you in advance and stay safe

My configuration is : Notebook Lenovo X395, Debian Bullseye with Gnome, al patches applied