Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Using Windows Vst plugins in LMMS

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
Brian W

[Software] Using Windows Vst plugins in LMMS

#1 Post by Brian W »

I am using a Chromebook with a Linux VM running Debian. I am using LMMS from the appimage. I have installed Wine using terminal and I have created a Winvst folder in my documents folder. I installed TAL-U-No-62 (64 bit) . VeSTige won't load it and Carla seems to be scanning it but it still doesn't show in the list.

9f9zmv96

Re: [Software] Using Windows Vst plugins in LMMS

#2 Post by 9f9zmv96 »

I don’t know much about vms nor lmms, but I use yabridge to run windows vsts on linux.

Brian W

#3 Post by Brian W »

9f9zmv96 wrote: 2023-03-27 13:51 I don’t know much about vms nor lmms, but I use yabridge to run windows vsts on linux.
Carla is a similar thing. Where do you put your .dlls and vst3 plugins?

9f9zmv96

#4 Post by 9f9zmv96 »

I got the plugins in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Vst or something like that. Then add that directory to yabridge and tell it to sync. And then tell the daw to look for plugins in that directory. And everything magically works.

Brian W

#5 Post by Brian W »

Didn't work for me. I ran...

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --reinstall carla-git carla-bridge-win32 carla-bridge-wine32

and now carla-discovery-win32 has a green tick instead of a red cross. I refreshed and rescanned the plugin folders but still no luck. carla-discovery-posix32 still has a cross but I don't know if I need that one.