Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Debian-Grub does not find second NVME (Os-prober)

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
Random_Troll

Re: Debian-Grub does not find second NVME (Os-prober)

#21 Post by Random_Troll »

Do any of the "spare" EFI system partitions share a filesystem UUID with the problematic drive's ESP?

A hints string can be passed in such cases, use this command to extract the string (repeat for each ESP):

Code: Select all

grub-probe --target=hints_string /mnt/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
And then add the hints to the 'search.fs_uuid' line (at the end, separated with spaces).

Or just delete those extra EFI system partitions. They don't seem to be serving any purpose now.
Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen.

mrkapqa

Re: Debian-Grub does not find second NVME (Os-prober)

#22 Post by mrkapqa »

took the easy and resorted to Ubuntu,
which is not what i desired to, but it ended being the safe route, after even rescatux *various versions etc failed<
there must be something wrong on my side, probably i changed sometime a BIOS setting *have safemode off, CSM on, fastboot off, but then there are other settings, too, like PXEsomething,

fact remains, that a perfectly functioning Grub in Debian 9 gets "reduced ¡/3" with upgrade to Debian 10, so i still wonder whats happening there.#
the fresh installation of Debian 10,11,12 or Devuan for the like does not seem to acce0t Windows 7 anymore, altough it seems it is the safer partition of the two NVME<

thank you for the help, could not reach the height yet,
maybe someone else can find an explanation<

uninstalling OS/prober deleted also the Windows11 entry, so it is not the best route, but maybe there are other ways to get the grub functionning as desired.