Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Testing - Bookworm] Changing idle screen time presets

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
otello.an

[Testing - Bookworm] Changing idle screen time presets

#1 Post by otello.an »

Hello everyone,

I'm using Bookworm and Gnome 43.4
The problem I noticed concerns the setting of the idle time before the screen becomes black.
By default Gnome offers possibilities from 1 to 15 minutes.
These possibilities can be chosen on the Options menu under the energy item and also under the privacy item.
Wanting to set a time other than those of default, Gsettings can be used.
For example (I prefer a time of 20 minutes) I can use:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.session idle-delay 1200

Here I noticed an anomaly (bug?)

If, after setting that value manually to 20 min ad example, I go back to the options the imposed value is "never".
Also the value in the "privacy" menu is wrong.

P.S. A further question.

Is it possible to directly change the default values in the options drop-down menu by adding, for example, other values in addition to the usual 1.2,3,4,5,10,15? Where are these default values saved? How can I add one more value?

Thanks for any answers!