Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Testing - Bookworm] [SOLVED][Testing - Bookworm] OS-PROBER issue

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
ticojohn

[Testing - Bookworm] [SOLVED][Testing - Bookworm] OS-PROBER issue

#1 Post by ticojohn »

I just did an update on Bookworm and there was a question about keeping the os-prober configuration or updating to the maintainers version. Like a dummy I answered Yes (default is No) :oops: and now the /boot/grub/grub.cfg has two entries for the second os. How can I correct this error on my part?
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.

ticojohn

Re: [Testing - Bookworm] [SOLVED][Testing - Bookworm] OS-PROBER issue

#2 Post by ticojohn »

I found the problem. Obviously a user error. There were two os-prober entries in /etc/grub.d. I think that for some reason os-prober had not been installed when I upgraded from Bullseye and when I installed the package it was put in /etc/grub.d . So when I did the latest upgrade and answered Yes to the os-prober question it installed the os-prober as /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober, hence the system was running os-prober twice. :oops: :oops: :oops:

So, I deleted /etc/grub.d/os-prober (leaving 30_os-prober) did an update-grub and now all is well in Ticoville.
I am not irrational, I'm just quantum probabilistic.