Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Failed to add a plugin to the panel

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
EuroNiceguy

Failed to add a plugin to the panel

#1 Post by EuroNiceguy »

Hi Everyone,

Just a heads up on the following, I am running Gnome desktop.

I have gone to install Pinegrow Web Editor on my Desktop and after extracting the file, I clicked on pinegrow.desktop, and it had come up with the error as per attached screenshot.

In addition, on the dock, there is a "No entry" symbol - smaller desktop, and when I highlight the icon, it comes up as Xfce4-panel.

Can you advise on how I can fix this issue please.

Thank you in advance,
Michael
Attachments
Screenshot from 2023-05-29 10-16-09.png
Screenshot from 2023-05-29 10-16-09.png (14.42 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Screenshot from 2023-05-29 10-10-36.png

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Failed to add a plugin to the panel

#2 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

This is the error message for search engines:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.xfce.Panel was not provided by any .service files
The launcher appears to be trying to start an XFCE panel in Gnome.

Pinegrow Web Editor is an external application with a Linux installer as a Zip file download. It reportedly uses an embedded chromium browser and Node.js, an open-source, cross-platform JavaScript runtime environment.

It is only tested an supported in Ubuntu.
Although it is possible that Pinegrow may work with previous or future versions of Ubuntu Linux, we now test each release of Pinegrow with Ubuntu Desktop 20.04 LTS and Ubuntu Desktop 22.04 LTS only and we provide support only for these versions of the system.
https://pinegrow.com/docs/getting-start ... uirements/

It does provide some
Tips and pointers to troubleshoot issues on other Linux systems
https://pinegrow.com/docs/getting-start ... ntu-linux/

Including
Install Chromium

Often the cause of problems are missing system libraries required by Chromium browser. So, you can try to install Chromium on your system. As a part of the installation the missing libraries might be installed as well.
Run Pinegrow from command line

Run ./PinegrowLibrary from the command line to see any error messages about missing libraries. Users have reported that using the –disable-gpu command line argument causes NW.JS to display more detailed messages about the missing libraries.

EuroNiceguy

Re: Failed to add a plugin to the panel

#3 Post by EuroNiceguy »

Hello,

Thank you for your time and reply.

This is a little Beyond me.
Hopefully Pinegrow will be able to conform to other Versions of Linux, or hopefully I can find another WYSIWYG web builder.

Thank you again for your support.