Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[HowTo] [Software] Enable EPUB and MOBI Thumbnails in Debian 11 (Tested with MATE/caja)

Share your HowTo, Documentation, Tips and Tricks. Not for support questions!.
vixxkigoli

[HowTo] [Software] Enable EPUB and MOBI Thumbnails in Debian 11 (Tested with MATE/caja)

#1 Post by vixxkigoli »

Hi! Guys, I was searching for package that enable epub and mobi thumbnails in Debian 11 but I found one for Debian 12 named gnome-epub-thumbnailer, then decided to compile it for Debian 11 and test it, I don't know how to upload package in main repo APT, so I am uploading it here.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dniz4di6 ... r.deb/file

How to install ?

sudo apt-get install pkg.deb[package path/name.deb]

Tested only on

Debian 11 (amd64)
File Manager: caja

After install restart pc or use command 'killall caja'

Hallvor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [HowTo] [Software] Enable EPUB and MOBI Thumbnails in Debian 11 (Tested with MATE/caja)

#2 Post by Hallvor »

Thanks for this. Such a feature was requested a while back in a different thread.
[HowTo] Install and configure Debian bookworm
Debian 12 | KDE Plasma | ThinkPad T440s | 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz | 12 GiB RAM | Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 4400 | 1 TB SSD