Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Install OpenCL and Syntax

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
abbatrombone

[Software] Install OpenCL and Syntax

#1 Post by abbatrombone »

Hello,

I am trying to get openCL on my system in order to try and resolve an issue with a program of mine not seeing my GPU and had heard that might resolve the issue. I came across this website: Debian Open CL I went to the amd64 link at the bottom amd64 link and saw it mentioned "You should be able to use any of the listed mirrors by adding a line to your /etc/apt/sources.list like this:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian bookworm main "

I dont full understand what this means. At first i thought it might be similar to how Wine gets installed where in one of the steps you do

Code: Select all

wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/winehq.key
but that didn't seem correct. I tried

sudo apt-get install boinc-client-opencl
to see if the package manager would be able to grab it or find any dependancy's that the app might need. It tells me the package is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.

What do i need to do install opencl?

abbatrombone

Re: [Software] Install OpenCL and Syntax

#2 Post by abbatrombone »

i tried running a command for open CL

sudo apt-get install amd-libopencl1
and found out that one doesn't exist but this one does ocl-icd-opencl-dev:i386 ocl-icd-opencl-dev

I was able to get that running and got the sudo update command to work as well it did resolve my issue though.

Does anyone know of better drivers for their AMD systtem?

abbatrombone

Re: [Software] Install OpenCL and Syntax

#3 Post by abbatrombone »

After giving up for a little bit, i finally found the log file that suggests I do not have OpenCL for my issue. I am running DaVinci Resolve and got the file to download through make resolve deb. The file is located in ~/local/share/DavinciResolve/logs
and is called resolve_graphics_log.txt with the following text
CPU Core Count 20
Physical Memory (MiB) 64138
[Info] [GInstance.Create] success, backend=OpenGL
[Info] [GLContext.Create] success: Name="DeviceManager", Handle=0x7f8219dd9180, ShareContext="GlobalShare", ThreadID=7F831CB53200
Requested: 4.5 Core, R(-1)G(-1)B(-1)A(-1), D(-1)S(-1), SwapBehaviour=platformDefault SwapMethod=default
Chosen: 4.6 Core, RGB8_UNorm, D(0)S(0), SwapBehaviour=platformDefault SwapMethod=default
Surface: 4.6 Core, RGB8_UNorm, D(0)S(0), SwapBehaviour=platformDefault SwapMethod=default
Screen: XWAYLAND0, 1920x1080, DPR=1.0, Refresh~59.96, Geom=(0,0,1920,1080), Primary=yes
[Warning] No OpenGL devices detected. Attempting to continue, may result in slow emulation
[Info] SetupShaderEnvironment shader version set to 4.6
[Info] [GLibrary.Create] success
GPUID
Name DeviceNotFound
Vendor Unknown
Type Unknown
Physical Memory (MiB) 1024
IsMainDisplayGPU yes
Backend OpenGL
Backend Version 4.6
GLSL Version 4.6
[Info] Looking for shaders ...
[Info] Shaders found.
[Info] [GLContext.Create] success: Name="ResourceManager3D", Handle=0x7f82165ffe80, ShareContext="GlobalShare", ThreadID=7F831CB53200
Requested: 4.5 Core, R(-1)G(-1)B(-1)A(-1), D(-1)S(-1), SwapBehaviour=platformDefault SwapMethod=default
Chosen: 4.6 Core, RGB8_UNorm, D(0)S(0), SwapBehaviour=platformDefault SwapMethod=default
Surface: 4.6 Core, RGB8_UNorm, D(0)S(0), SwapBehaviour=platformDefault SwapMethod=default
Screen: XWAYLAND0, 1920x1080, DPR=1.0, Refresh~59.96, Geom=(0,0,1920,1080), Primary=yes
[Info] [GLContext.Create] success: Name="GraphicsThread0", Handle=0x7f82165fe800, ShareContext="GlobalShare", ThreadID=7F831CB53200
[Info] [GLContext.Destroy] Name="GraphicsThread0", ThreadID=7F820EBEF680
[Info] [GLContext.Destroy] Name="ResourceManager3D", ThreadID=7F831CB53200
[Info] [GLContext.Destroy] Name="DeviceManager", ThreadID=7F831CB53200

Message Summary:
Trace = 0 Debug = 0 Info = 12 Warning = 1 Error = 0 Fatal = 0
It looks like it isnt seeing any AMD drivers but can detect my CPU. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?