Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Feedback] How can I contact the admin?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
hack3rcon

[Feedback] How can I contact the admin?

#1 Post by hack3rcon »

Hello,
Some of my posts are not posted for unreasonable reasons. How can I contact the admin?

Thank you.

canci
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Feedback] How can I contact the admin?

#2 Post by canci »

Hi,

Can you tell us which posts specifically?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, you can of course send the admin a private message.
Image Stable / Asus VivoBook X421DA / AMD Ryzen 7 3700U / Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (Picasso) / 8 GB RAM / 512GB NVMe

READ THIS:

* How to Post a Thread Here
* Other Tips and Great Resources

arochester
Emeritus
Emeritus

#3 Post by arochester »

At the bottom of the page there is a "Contact us" button. Works if you have an email client. If you use webmail send an email to admin@forums.debian.net

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#4 Post by cds60601 »

Right above this, is an Admin
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

hack3rcon

#5 Post by hack3rcon »

canci wrote: 2023-10-28 09:15 Hi,

Can you tell us which posts specifically?

Thanks.

EDIT: Also, you can of course send the admin a private message.
Hello,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Are the posts on this forum related to other forums? If there is a post in this forum, shouldn't it be somewhere else or vice versa? Some posts are deleted because of this and it is wrong. This helps to get different answers and also users of this forum may have similar questions.

hack3rcon

#6 Post by hack3rcon »

arochester wrote: 2023-10-28 12:37 At the bottom of the page there is a "Contact us" button. Works if you have an email client. If you use webmail send an email to admin@forums.debian.net
Hello,
I sent an email a few days ago and so far I have not received an answer.

cds60601
df -h | participant
df -h | participant

#7 Post by cds60601 »

hack3rcon wrote: 2023-10-29 15:27
arochester wrote: 2023-10-28 12:37 At the bottom of the page there is a "Contact us" button. Works if you have an email client. If you use webmail send an email to admin@forums.debian.net
Hello,
I sent an email a few days ago and so far I have not received an answer.
You made a post on the 28th. Its now the 29th - I suspect you sent the email shortly after the address was posted here. In my mind, that's only one day. In defense of the admins, they are busy people. Not only do they have personal lives to tend with, but they are supporting this forum and it's users (and possibly other Debian-related business).

I would suggest giving it a few days (and not the 1 day you actually did) and allow them the respond as time allows. Badgering the admins will probably not help your cause.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

steve_v
df -h | grep > 20TiB
df -h | grep > 20TiB

#8 Post by steve_v »

hack3rcon wrote: 2023-10-29 15:25 Are the posts on this forum related to other forums? If there is a post in this forum, shouldn't it be somewhere else or vice versa? Some posts are deleted because of this and it is wrong. This helps to get different answers and also users of this forum may have similar questions.
It's called crossposting, and it's been considered poor nettiquite since forever because it fragments conversations and causes people to waste their time responding to questions already answered elsewhere.
Depending on the forum or list involved it may be forbidden, discouraged, or simply suggested that you be upfront and leave a note that it is a crosspost from another board.

Why you think it's reasonable to waste people's time to "get different answers" (or answers to things you could just go search for yourself) is beyond me, but it does fit the pattern so far. :roll:
Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Official GNOME Policy.

donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

#9 Post by donald »

We were waiting for this moment and @steve_v delivered it.

Thread closed and email considered answered.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank