Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Trouble getting Samsung Xpress m2020 work properly

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Raffi90

[Solved] Trouble getting Samsung Xpress m2020 work properly

#1 Post by Raffi90 »

Here's again this forum's nightmare, me lol So, finally everything is set up, Debian is working great but... my printer is not. I tried using the step by step guide provided by @Hallvor here: viewtopic.php?t=155919 , using

Code: Select all

cups
. I'm asked to find and upload a ppd file for my printer, which I found on a website???? I also managed to find the printer's driver on the website of the manufacturer, in the form of a tarball.gz (I don't have any clue about how to install it or even if I better don't). Anyways, I uploaded this ppd and the printer appeared to be installed on cups (although a message said it was deprecated and probably won't work anymore on next versions of cups). I tried to print a test page but here I receive a notification "Job was stopped", I mean....why? Tried again with the printer that was automatically recognized by Debian (I had two printers at this point and don't even know why lol), same result. I start the job and the job is immediately interrupted and nothing is printed. Tried to delete one of the printers and keep only the "cups one". Nothing changed. Tried to print an actual document. Same. Before doing anything I want to ask your advice. I also created a snapshot via Timeshift, just in case. Please forgive the lenght of my post, but I wanted to be the most accurate I could.
Printer model is: Samsung Xpress M2020 series (USB only printer).
Thanks in advance, have a nice day. I really appreciate everything you guys do in and for this community.
Last edited by Raffi90 on 2023-11-16 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

Raffi90

Re: Trouble getting Samsung Xpress m2020 work properly

#3 Post by Raffi90 »

Thanks. I'll try this workaround and let you know what happens!

Raffi90

Re: Trouble getting Samsung Xpress m2020 work properly

#4 Post by Raffi90 »

arochester wrote: 2023-11-14 20:07 viewtopic.php?t=150682 ?
It worked, thank you very much :) Maybe this solution should be posted in the documentation, as it appears so frequent.