Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Software] Exim4 queue list and mailutils limits

If none of the specific sub-forums seem right for your thread, ask here.
sylvain_48

[Software] Exim4 queue list and mailutils limits

#1 Post by sylvain_48 »

Hello everyone!

I'd like to send emails in a script as a sum-up of its execution.
Sometimes the content can be very large and exceeded the capacity of a mail body, so I send it as an attached file.
As bsd-mailx can't send attached file, I use mailutils.
It works fine... but I've found that the size limit of the mail body, after what it must be sent as an attached file, can't extent 1000 bytes. It seems very low... Is it normal? Configurable?

Another point: exim4 and it's queue list.
Sometime exim4 doesn't send email immediately and store it in a queue list, which is flushed every 1/2 hours.
This delay can be configured in /etc/defaults/exim4 and /etc/init.d/exim4 with the key QUEUEINTERVAL.
I don't want this behavior. I'd like email to be sent immediately. I'm alone on my desktop and I don't send a lot of email. So the use of a queue list doesn't seem to be accurate for me.
How can I disable the queue list? Can I set the QUEUEINTERVAL key to "0"?

Thanks!
Sylvain