Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] so what is run-user-1000 ??

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
pbear

Re: so what is run-user-1000 ??

#21 Post by pbear »

Well, of course I had read the thread. Much ado about nothing, AFAICT.

CwF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#22 Post by CwF »

graemev2 wrote: 2023-12-18 11:02 somebody decided that uid=1000 was a significant user
Interesting, I only vaguely have passed through this systemd area. I think your 1000 tmpfs is used for all users, hence why no 1501 tmpfs as I mentioned and the possibly inaccurate term sub user. On any of mine there is a tmpfs for each active user with no linger - which is likely higher memory use than your lingering 1000.

RuntimePath=/run/user/1001 and a 1002, and 1007, etc, but never a 0, and often no 1000.

I'd be curious what that line shows for 1501, is it 1000 !?
If that is the case, then you are not wasting, but conserving resources.

I have no such file or directory : /var/lib/systemd/linger

Thanks for brushing me up on the subject.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#23 Post by Aki »

I'm glad you sorted it out. :)

Please, mark the discussion as "solved" manually adding the text tag "[Solved]" at the beginning of the subject of the first message (after other tags, if any)

Happy Debian ! :)
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

graemev2

Re: [Solved] so what is run-user-1000 ??

#24 Post by graemev2 »

Code: Select all

root@ts412:/var/log# systemctl show run-user-1000.mount | head -n 2                                                                                                     
Where=/run/user/1000                                                                                                                                                    
What=tmpfs                                                                                                                                                              
root@ts412:/var/log# systemctl show run-user-1001.mount | head -n 2                                                                                                     
TimeoutUSec=1min 30s                                                                                                                                                    
ControlPID=0                                                                                                                                                            
root@ts412:/var/log# systemctl show run-user-1501.mount | head -n 2                                                                                                     
Where=/run/user/1501                                                                                                                                                    
What=tmpfs                                                                                                                                                              
root@ts412:/var/log# id 1000                                                                                                                                            
uid=1000(owner) gid=1000(owner) groups=1000(owner),24(cdrom),25(floppy),27(sudo),29(audio),30(dip),44(video),46(plugdev),108(netdev),112(lpadmin),117(scanner)          
root@ts412:/var/log# ls /var/lib/systemd/linger                                                                                                                         
owner                                                                                                                                                                   
root@ts412:/var/log# loginctl disable-linger owner                                                                                                                      
root@ts412:/var/log# df -h | grep tmpfs                                                                                                                                 
tmpfs                      25M  1.6M   24M   7% /run                                                                                                                    
tmpfs                     124M  4.0K  124M   1% /dev/shm                                                                                                                
tmpfs                     5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock                                                                                                               
tmpfs                      25M  8.0K   25M   1% /run/user/1501                                                                                                          
root@ts412:/var/log# systemctl show run-user-1001.mount | head -n 2                                                                                                     
TimeoutUSec=1min 30s                                                                                                                                                    
ControlPID=0                                                                                                                                                            
root@ts412:/var/log#      
BTW @CwF, I thought I'd done that "disable-linger" before ...so maybe there is another level to this yet