Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] Opera browser menu border transparency broken in LXDE on Debian 12.4

Graphical Environments, Managers, Multimedia & Desktop questions.
spectator

[Solved] Opera browser menu border transparency broken in LXDE on Debian 12.4

#1 Post by spectator »

Opera web browser 106.0.4998.19 in LXDE on Debian 12.4 (freshly updated) has some issues with the main and all the context menu border transparency. Instead of the transparent background, there is a solid white border and a black shadow. I got the embedded video in my Intel Core i7-8700. This appearance has been tested with the hardware acceleration feature switched on and off - no difference.

See the Opera browser issues' in LXDE screenshots below:

All these menus look well with proper border transparency when I switch to Gnome on the same PC. So I guess there may be some Gnome libs that could be loaded somehow when working in LXDE, but I don't know how to do this, and Google has told me nothing certain.

What could be done to get the proper Opera menu border transparency in LXDE?
Last edited by spectator on 2024-01-25 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

bbbhltz
XMMP/Jabber: bbbhltz@mailbox.org

Re: Opera browser menu border transparency broken in LXDE on Debian 12.4

#2 Post by bbbhltz »

You may need to install a composite manager for LXDE. picom is what I used with LXDE.

If that does have an effect after installing it and running it, you'll need to add it to autostart in the LXSession settings.
bbbhltz
longtime desktop Linux user; eternal newbie

spectator

Re: Opera browser menu border transparency broken in LXDE on Debian 12.4

#3 Post by spectator »

Thanks, bbbhltz! I've installed picom and added it to autostart in the LXSession settings to be run with the command:

Code: Select all

picom --daemon
and after the system restart it hepled all the menus to get the proper transparency.