Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Solved] login with yubico

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
oida

[Solved] login with yubico

#1 Post by oida »

Hi,
i am using debian 12 with Gnome 43.1 on a lenovo notebook. I am also using a ubico ubikey 5C for my some of my accounts and want to use the key for login on my system. i have found something about configuring login with ubuntu but little with debian, but all of them seems a little bit outdated.

So what i want to do with the stick: if the stick is inserted a login should work without password, if here is no stick a "normal" login with password. Also it would be nice to lock the system when removing the stick and unlock if reinserted.

I am worried just to try something out and than have killed my system so hopefully someone has a "step by step" instruction for me.

Thank you in advance and have a good day
Reinhard
Last edited by oida on 2024-01-12 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: login with yubico

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,

I have no direct knowledge of the specific device, but a quick search led me to these link: Hope this helps.
Let me know.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

oida

Re: login with yubico

#3 Post by oida »

Hallo,

thank you for the info's. The info on the debian wiki is far outdated and the others from Yubico are not very helpful.

In the meantime i have found a solution, described here : It's not exactly what i was searching for but will do the job.

Thank you for your efforts - all the best
Reinhard
Aki wrote: 2024-01-12 20:00 Hello,

I have no direct knowledge of the specific device, but a quick search led me to these link: Hope this helps.
Let me know.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Solved] login with yubico

#4 Post by Aki »

I'm glad you sorted it out. :)
Happy Debian ! :)
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀