Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Samba and Fixed Ip issues

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
otello.an

Samba and Fixed Ip issues

#1 Post by otello.an »

I have a problem that is driving me crazy!

I have a local network with various PCs (all Debian distributions) and I use samba to share files on my network.
Many PCs have an Ethernet connection, others WIFI. They almost have a fixed address. Everything works perfectly.
Recently installed a new debian machine (12.5). And initially everything works fine, I can see the other samba shares and exchange files...

Then I put a fixed address on that last new machine (same Ip, same subnet mask, same DNS, same gateway) same everything, just a fixed address.

At that point I can no longer access the samba shares from that PC (the ping works, everything works) even the username and password request mask comes out but it is impossible to use samba. Ping works fine, PCs can see each other but no samba share.

This only happens on this new PC, the others that have a fixed address work perfectly with each other.
If I put the PC network back on automatically receive IP (with dhcp) everything works correctly...

I'm going crazy!

lindi
Debian Developer
Debian Developer

Re: Samba and Fixed Ip issues

#2 Post by lindi »

Sounds like wrong subnet mask so that broadcasts messages are not going through.

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Samba and Fixed Ip issues

#3 Post by Aki »

Hello @otello.an,
Have you sorted it out ?
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀