Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

UI scaling seems not working correctly on the latest debian testing

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
megabits

UI scaling seems not working correctly on the latest debian testing

#1 Post by megabits »

After updating to the latest Debian testing, some of my apps stopped working with scaling. Including Firefox ESR, GIMP, VSCode, all kinds of stuff. But there are also the other half of apps that work fine. Like LibreOffice, etc.

I guess it’s a GTK problem. It made apps with GTK3 or earlier won’t work with scaling. I even tried GDK_DPI_SCALE=2 gimp, but no luck.

Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this temporarily? Or the only thing I can do is wait for a fix.

I’m using Gnome with Wayland. Tell me if you need any package info to understand this issue.

megabits

Re: UI scaling seems not working correctly on the latest debian testing

#2 Post by megabits »

it seems it's not about gtk, it's about xWayland. xWayland not responding to scaling settings.

wizard10000
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: UI scaling seems not working correctly on the latest debian testing

#3 Post by wizard10000 »

Moved to Testing and Unstable.
we see things not as they are, but as we are.
-- anais nin