Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Request] Forum navigation tree?

Code of conduct, suggestions, and information on forums.debian.net.
M22

[Request] Forum navigation tree?

#1 Post by M22 »

Hi, not sure if I am missing something but..

Is there a way to navigate back to the previous section of the forum by clicking on a forum directory tree item to go back to the previous section, and automatically refreshed?

For example, like this thread, and topic, it comes under : Debian User Forums > Forum information, requests, and feedback. So we have this line hyperlinked on the top of the page for easy navigation?

By clicking on "Forum information, requests, and feedback" after reading a thread of the topic, we can go back 1 level up, while having the page refreshed too, or if we want to go directly to the index page, we can click on the Debian User Forums hyperlink?

If such a feature is not available, will it easy or difficult to implement here?

Thank you.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Request] Forum navigation tree?

#2 Post by sunrat »

Don't you get the forum breadcrumb navigation? Maybe it's the theme you use. Here with Prosilver theme I get links near the top - "
Board index < Community < Forum information, requests, and feedback."
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

M22

#3 Post by M22 »

sunrat wrote: 2024-03-08 02:33 Don't you get the forum breadcrumb navigation? Maybe it's the theme you use. Here with Prosilver theme I get links near the top - "
Board index < Community < Forum information, requests, and feedback."
I get this :
Attachments
Screenshot_2024-03-08_10-45-11.png

M22

#4 Post by M22 »

Hmm...changing to prosilver does show the hyperlinks.

I wish the default theme can be corrected too, since I like the default theme, which is easy on the eyes and also fills up the whole screen.

Anyway, thank you for the tip.
Last edited by M22 on 2024-03-08 02:59, edited 1 time in total.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Post by sunrat »

Hmmm, looks like the links are supposed to be there but are missing. Maybe our theme expert @donald can shed some light.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

donald
Debian Developer, Site Admin
Debian Developer, Site Admin

#6 Post by donald »

Some of the themes aren't really uniform, I'd like to get us down to 5 adding new ones and removing other ones but people are using some of the ones that do not work so they remain. Looks like we found another one not in compliance.
Typo perfectionish.

"The advice given above is all good, and just because a new message has appeared it does not mean that a problem has arisen, just that a new gremlin hiding in the hardware has been exposed." - FreewheelinFrank

Augie77

#7 Post by Augie77 »

Never thought about trying the other themes, though I did notice the missing bread crumbs. I tried the we_universal and it completely broke in my Firefox. Took me a few minutes to cludge my way through the truncated and overlapping boxes to get to this creamy theme, which I like a lot. It reminds me of a theme I did for SMf many years ago.

pbear

#8 Post by pbear »

Always been a problem here, and no other forum I've seen using the BBS software. Just now, checking three desktops with default configuration (Gnome, KDE and Cinnamon), none show the "breadcrumb" menu.
Of course, the Forum can't promise to support any and all configurations users might choose. It should work fine, though, for anyone running default configurations.