Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[Testing - Trixie] Shortcuts stop working more frequently than before

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
NarriT4010

[Testing - Trixie] Shortcuts stop working more frequently than before

#1 Post by NarriT4010 »

All shortcuts stop working for no apparent reason, so no overview and it got more common, i've tried disabling all shortcuts other than the overview, uninstalled and reinstall dbus user sessions, added this line:

Code: Select all

modifier_map Mod3 { Scroll_Lock };
to my keyboard layout textfile with:

sudo vim /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/<my language>
Was a solution for somebody else but nothing worked.
Do others have this issue on Debian Testing (Trixy) too ?
Last edited by NarriT4010 on 2024-03-10 12:05, edited 1 time in total.

NarriT4010

Re: Shortcuts stop working more frequently than before

#2 Post by NarriT4010 »

It should be interrupted by some process but that's my guess because it will happen seemingly randomly, sometimes only after opening firefox but I can't tell what causes it.
Sometimes without rebooting the shortcuts start working again, and it's like this after disabling every shortcut in the settings.

dlu2021

#4 Post by dlu2021 »

Was this the keyboard that suffered the coffee spill? Perhaps it isn't fixed 100% yet. Can you try a different keyboard as a test?

NarriT4010

#5 Post by NarriT4010 »

dlu2021 wrote: 2024-03-09 20:03 Was this the keyboard that suffered the coffee spill? Perhaps it isn't fixed 100% yet. Can you try a different keyboard as a test?
Same for both Keyboards,
This would suffice if I could use it as a shortcut somehow but custom shortcut wont do anything, only works from terminal but when your in a full screen app like a game then you can't exit out comfortably, and if it would work it is not 100% as the normal function key that would bring the Overview AND leave me in the search bar, that does not happen with the command so it is bugged somehow.

Can I set this command as a shortcut in some other way???

dbus-send --session --dest=org.gnome.Shell --type=method_call /org/gnome/Shell org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Set string:org.gnome.Shell string:OverviewActive variant:boolean:true
Its the only command that works to bring the overview it's all I need
Last edited by NarriT4010 on 2024-03-10 12:10, edited 5 times in total.

sunrat
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Post by sunrat »

NarriT4010 wrote: 2024-03-09 18:57 Do others have this issue on Debian Testing (Trixy) too ?
*Trixie* :wink:
Moved to Testing and Unstable subforum.
“ computer users can be divided into 2 categories:
Those who have lost data
...and those who have not lost data YET ”
Remember to BACKUP!

NarriT4010

Re: [Testing - Trixie] Shortcuts stop working more frequently than before

#7 Post by NarriT4010 »

Yeah no, I just now thought the custom shortcut would work but forgot I locked the functions (windows) key with my Keyboard. So thought it was working, still same bug and there is no other Shortcut extension for gnome version 46 I can find.