Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

bluetooth disconnect after pairing

Need help with peripherals or devices?
dermurxer

bluetooth disconnect after pairing

#1 Post by dermurxer »

Hello everyone,

I have an IoT2050 Siemens microcontroller running Debian 11.9 with Kernel 5.10.104-cip3. Recently, I added an Intel AX200 network card via an adapter (mPCIe>M.2) and now I'm trying to connect my smartphone to the microcontroller via Bluetooth. The goal is to transmit data arrays between the smartphone and the microcontroller using TCP or UDP.
However, I'm facing an issue where the Bluetooth connection disconnects after pairing (see screenshot). I've already attempted to follow a guide (https://www.howtoforge.com/bluetooth_pand_debian_etch ), but it doesn't seem to work with my kernel.

I believe the problem has a simple solution, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Best regards
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-14 102731.png

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: bluetooth disconnect after pairing

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,
dermurxer wrote: 2024-03-14 09:44 I have an IoT2050 Siemens microcontroller running Debian 11.9 with Kernel 5.10.104-cip3. Recently, I added an Intel AX200 network card via an adapter (mPCIe>M.2) and now I'm trying to connect my smartphone to the microcontroller via Bluetooth. The goal is to transmit data arrays between the smartphone and the microcontroller using TCP or UDP.
According to the log in the previous message, it looks like you are connecting the controller to your smartphone (named "Xperia 5 IV"). Your phone may be refusing to connect. Check smartphone configuration.

Some questions/requests:
  • I assume your controller is using a customised Debian version: can you report the link to the controller's manual?
  • Please report your general hardware/software configuration with the command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fz
  • Have you installed the Intel firmware for the new Intel AX200 network (mPCIe>M.2) ?
  • Can you analyse/report for warning/errors/useful messages from your system log? You can use the following command after trying to connect via Bluetooth:

Code: Select all

script log.txt
    su -l -c "journalctl -b --no-pager"
    exit

You can report logs in one the following ways:
    • attaching the logs to a follow-up forum message as a compressed zip or gz file
    • paste logs into the body of a follow-up message between code tags (if they fit the size of a forum message)
  • Please reports screen output of microcontroller's as text (instead of as image), if possibile
Hope this helps.

--
note: if I understand correctly, you are trying to configure a TCP/IP over Bluetooth connection between the controller and a smartphone; this will probably require a separate topic if you want to delve into it.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: bluetooth disconnect after pairing

#3 Post by Aki »

Moved to "Hardware" sub-forum.
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system