Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Trackpad locking up with slight pressure

Need help with peripherals or devices?
turtley_linux

Trackpad locking up with slight pressure

#1 Post by turtley_linux »

Hello,
I'm fairly new to Linux so I apologise if this is a basic question, and please bear with me. I recently installed Debian 12.5 on my 2009 MacBook Pro, and most of everything seems to function well. However, I noticed a strange behaviour with the multi-touch trackpad where while I'm moving my finger across the trackpad and apply a slight amount of pressure, the mouse pointer locks in place (without clicking anything) until I release my finger. I'm using the libinput driver with my touchpad. I looked at options for the config file in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d, but I couldn't find any options that related to pressure sensitivity. I've also tried playing around with the trackpad settings in the preferences GUI.
I know this isn't a hardware issue because the trackpad has no issues in OS X. When I look online, people seem to have problems with two-finger scroll, tap to click, etc. (which all work for me) but not with the trackpad locking up. Does anyone have any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated.