Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

HP Printer issue

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Abinash

HP Printer issue

#1 Post by Abinash »

I'm trying to print documents through my HP LaserJet P1108 printer. The printer hardware is getting detected, but printing is not being successful. The exact Printer name is not available in the CUPS/Printer settings. I've tried the generic option and various other options provided through CUPS for HP printers, but to no avail. The HPLIP installation through terminal is also not getting successful. I'm also unable to get the PPD file from any source. Kindly guide how can I use my printer successfully.

FreewheelinFrank
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: HP Printer issue

#2 Post by FreewheelinFrank »

Where are you installing HPLIP from? Download from HP or the Debian repository?

Hopefully you did

Code: Select all

# apt install hplip-gui
If not, uninstall the download package and install as above.

This printer seems to use a USB connection and isn't driverless/Airprint enabled, so you should add it using Device > Setup Device > Device Discovery > USB (See link for screenshot).

viewtopic.php?p=764766#p764766

Abinash

Re: HP Printer issue

#3 Post by Abinash »

FreewheelinFrank wrote: 2024-03-17 20:07 Where are you installing HPLIP from? Download from HP or the Debian repository?

Hopefully you did

Code: Select all

# apt install hplip-gui
If not, uninstall the download package and install as above.

This printer seems to use a USB connection and isn't driverless/Airprint enabled, so you should add it using Device > Setup Device > Device Discovery > USB (See link for screenshot).

viewtopic.php?p=764766#p764766

Thank you so much. "sudo apt install hplip-gui" process worked.