Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Keyboard Problem - Switching profiles

Need help with peripherals or devices?
Legion99

Keyboard Problem - Switching profiles

#1 Post by Legion99 »

I have an HP Probook 455 G9. Newly set up with Trixie and Cinnamon 5.8.4 on a clean install having removed W11 on purchase. It works well except for one annoying issue.
I have two keyboard layout profiles installed. English (US) and English (Australia). Basically the same profile. At least once a day, without any changes by me, not on boot or reboot, for no discernible reason I can fathom the keyboard layout switches to English (UK) or a variation of that. At that time if I go to the layout and check, either of the installed ones shows the English (UK) layout instead of what they should be. I do not have English (UK) actually installed, that I know of, the actual keyboard layout is, as purchased in Oz, US. I have tried deleting one or the other of my layouts but for no change. With either US or Oz installed alone the problem reoccurs. Swapping profiles, which is why I have two the same, fixes the issue until it decides to automagically revert, again. I get this might be a cinnamon issue but thought to post here in case anyone else may have had something similar. Any ideas gratefully accepted.
Image Deb Trixie w/- Cinnamon, B550M Pro4 AM4, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / RAM 32GB / SSD 260GB / 4TB hdd + HP ProBook 455 G9.