Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[SID - Unstable] Upgrade to SID Stope Secure Boot

- - ALL UNSTABLE / TESTING THREADS SHOULD BE POSTED HERE - -
This sub-forum is the dedicated area for the ongoing Unstable/Testing releases of Debian. Advanced, or Experienced User support only. Use the software, give, and take advice with caution.
gateship1

[SID - Unstable] Upgrade to SID Stope Secure Boot

#1 Post by gateship1 »

I was running Unstable on a dual boot, secure booth system, and things went badly during one upgrade. Decided to reconfigure my drive partitions and start fresh. Stable boots and works just fine. Unfortunately, my laptop seems to need a newer kernel version to work at its best, so I wa going back to Unstable. When I upgrade to Unstable, Debian can no longer boot in Secure Boot and I get forced into Windows. I am not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. On the last attempt, I ran a grub update before rebooting and saw that the entries for Windows and Debian were created as normal but it looks like Secure Boot still rejects booting Debian. When I reinstall Stable, everything works fine again.

gateship1

Re: [SID - Unstable] Upgrade to SID Stope Secure Boot

#2 Post by gateship1 »

As an extra note, I have the 3rd Part EFI option checked in BIOS which is what made Debian boot fine in the past. I do not know what would change when Stable works just fine and a new Unstable install worked a few months back and even continued to work a few days ago with regular updates/upgrades.

Bulkley

#3 Post by Bulkley »

unstable = "not solid and firm and therefore not strong, safe, or likely to last"

Cambridge Dictionary

gateship1

#4 Post by gateship1 »

Bulkley wrote: 2024-03-29 16:42 unstable = "not solid and firm and therefore not strong, safe, or likely to last"

Cambridge Dictionary
These unintelligent boys are out of control.