Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Graphics card and monitor won't work with displayport.

Need help with peripherals or devices?
dialupmodem

Graphics card and monitor won't work with displayport.

#1 Post by dialupmodem »

One day i decided to buy new displayport cable to use freesync.

Plugged displayport to displayport on RX550(2gb) and a AOC G2460V monitor.
No signal.

I then took a dock station and used it's displayport port and it worked fine.

Then i asked repair guy nearby to test it, he used an Displayport to HDMI adaptor and it worked fine.

So whenever it's connected directly via displayport, the monitor and computer refuse to detect eachother.
I really want to use Freesync so it would be nice to solve it.

help is appreciated.

mrmazda

Re: Graphics card and monitor won't work with displayport.

#2 Post by mrmazda »

What did you spend on the cable? How long is it? Are both ends the same connector type? DP cable used for output from dock to AOC, or input to dock from RX, or doesn't matter? Is the AOC normally the only display you use, or is there usually a second or third? If not the only, is it supposed to be the primary display? Who made or what brand is your RX card? Does it only have one DP port to match your cable connector type? What did you use before buying the new cable? Does the AOC require its own setting to enable using Freesync?

I own DisplayPort cables that work with some GPU/display combinations but not with all. Same thing with HDMI cables. It can be frustrating.

dialupmodem

Re: Graphics card and monitor won't work with displayport.

#3 Post by dialupmodem »

I spent about 40 BRL on the cable, it is 1.5 meters long.

The AOC is my primary monitor, sometime in the past I swapped from displayport to HDMI because the displayport bundled with monitor developed bad contact.

Both ends are displayport. The graphics card is a XFX Radeon RX550(2GB). Which only has one displayport port.

I couldn't find any freesync related settings on monitor.
To me the weirdest part of this is that the included cable, despite having bad contact issues, it still worked, but now it doesn't anymore.

As for the dock: it worked with the new cable and the included one just fine, but the moment I removed it from the dock and connected it to the card it didn't detect the monitor. And there's the tech fixing guy that used HDMI adapter and got a signal out of it, so this is very confusing.