Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

install debian 12 on Asus zenbookS13 (um5302)?

Ask for help with issues regarding the Installations of the Debian O/S.
alex13

install debian 12 on Asus zenbookS13 (um5302)?

#1 Post by alex13 »

Hello everyone,

Il want to install Debian 12 on my Asus zenbookS13 (um5302) (and may be switch after for testing). It will be a dual boot with win 11 (so UEFI needed). It seems that Asus hardware is a little exotic. I've found few references for this laptop on the net, and only with Arch. Has someone already installed Debian on this laptop? Is everything fine, or some trouble?

Thanks

Linuxgaming1824

Re: install debian 12 on Asus zenbookS13 (um5302)?

#2 Post by Linuxgaming1824 »

So your computer has unique hardware that you will find doesn't have support similarly to as it does on windows, which already possess' the software, or the capability to get that software, out of the box painlessly. You should be able to install debian I would imagine in a dual boot scenario without issues. Especially if windows is installed initially, and debian is given it's own area on your hard drive, for the partitions it likes to make for itself.

I would spend some time researching the unique capabilities the computer offers, and how to get supporting software for them on debian. It's definitely worth the extra effort, you'll find that Debian 12 is actually a lot more stable and responsive compared to Windows 11, and doesn't require so much of your hardware's resources, or your personal information, much less constantly feeds it to private for profit organizations. Isn't that nice.

I actually really enjoy having lots of different operating systems. Their unique qualities are what makes them all special to me.

You'll even find that Debian 12 is so gentle with your hardware, that it would practically last forever running debian, whereas with Windows 11 it'll run your computer at the capacity of it's heat tolerance persistently.

alex13

Re: install debian 12 on Asus zenbookS13 (um5302)?

#3 Post by alex13 »

Thanks for your advice.