Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

64bit cisc single board computer for Debian pc

Need help with peripherals or devices?
vryni

64bit cisc single board computer for Debian pc

#1 Post by vryni »

I'd like to make an SBC (single board computer)
based Debian PC for home use - browsing, youtube streaming, etc

Is there a 64bit cisc (instruction set architecture) cpu
based SBC, compatible with Debian 12 distro - the one
i have on my current (core-i5) tower desktop ?

I prefer one with (at least) 12-16GB RAM with good performance

Is Intel's Odroid-H4 sbc a suitable option ?

wizard10000
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 64bit cisc single board computer for Debian pc

#2 Post by wizard10000 »

I migrated my Debian media server from an i7-10700 to a Beelink Mini S12 Pro, N100 processor, Intel QuickSync video, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD. It's an SBC in a small case with room for one 2.5" drive in addition to the SSD. $169 - might be worth checking out. I think you could take the board out of the case if you wanted to and it's got an external power supply - https://www.amazon.com/Beelink-S12-Pro- ... B0BW8JSQCH

Wireless networking is Intel, wired is Realtek but Debian's netinstaller had no issues with either. This thing sips power (TDP is 6 watts) and doesn't have a whole lot of reserve power; I haven't been able to run more than two 2.5" mechanical drives in addition to the SSD - if you need more than that you're gonna need a NAS, DAS or a powered USB hub. Other than that the little Beelink makes me happy :)
we see things not as they are, but as we are.
-- anais nin