Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

[O/S] debian has been blocked by current security policy

New to Debian (Or Linux in general)? Ask your questions here!
mahdi

[O/S] debian has been blocked by current security policy

#1 Post by mahdi »

Hi. I'm kinda a beginner to linux and Debian and ran into a problem.

TLDR;
After re-installing Grub and doing a reboot, I got an error on booting Debian:
cannot find TOCBLOCK database may be corrupt
I fixed this issue with Boot-Repair, but now I can't boot it with Secure Boot enabled (it was fine before Grub re-installation), getting a blue screen with message "debian has been blocked by current security policy." I'm running a dual-boot setup with Debian and Windows. How can I fix this with SB enabled?

Detailed question:
I wanted to add Windows 10 to the Grub boot menu. I found this web page and followed the instructions. The "update-grub" command couldn't be found by my system so I visited this question, and thought this answer would be easy to do. After running the command I got a message on screen which told me to reboot the system. After rebooting, I couldn't boot Debian and got "cannot find TOCBLOCK database may be corrupt" error on a black screen.

Then I googled the error and ended up with Boot-Repair. So I booted Debian Live on a USB stick and installed Boot-Repair. Then I did the repair with one extra non-default option: "Place the boot flag on" and set it to the Debian partition on my disk. The Grub was removed and re-installed from the partition and gave me this output log.

Now I can boot Debian, but only when I disable Secure Boot. If it's enabled I get this error on a blue screen with an OK button:
debian has been blocked by current security policy
When I press OK, the second OS shows up. This happened recently after I re-installed Grub. I want SB to be enabled, as it was before. How can I fix this?
Here's my kernel log, output of "dmesg" command: https://pastebin.com/WJ3AGexU

pbear

Re: [O/S] debian has been blocked by current security policy

#2 Post by pbear »

If you're new to Linux, who has been playing mad scientist with your computer? Has had a couple of operating systems, still has a couple of EFI partitions, and the partitions seem to have been moved around a lot. Also, what's with the dynamic disks in Windows? Linux can only handle those with a kludge called ldmtool. Frankly, the best solution would be to get rid of the dynamic disks, by reinstall of Windows if necessary, then reinstall Debian.