Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

problems accessing samba or NFS shares :(

Linux Kernel, Network, and Services configuration.
Jeff63

problems accessing samba or NFS shares :(

#1 Post by Jeff63 »

Hello folks :)

I have a big box under debian 12, on the other side I have a NAS under TrueNAS Scale v23.10.2 (latest) based on debian too, the problem is that I can't access my shares on the NAS anymore since the lasts Debian/TrueNAS updates...

I see the say, samba share but can't connect to it to access, seems the password is rejected but I haven't touched it... that was working before on Mageia 8 or 9 and when I installed debian 12 on this machine,

under debian I wanted to access the NFS share with NFS v4 but still can't, and trying NFS v3 does not work either :(

can you tell me how to configure the samba access on my debian 12 machine so it works again ?
and how to configure the NFS access to see it work again too ?

Thanks by advance, as I have a lotsa files saved on the NAS I need that I can't have access to :(
Jeff

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: problems accessing samba or NFS shares :(

#2 Post by Aki »

Hello,

What is your running kernel version ?

Are you able to access samba shares booting Debian with previous kernel version (6.1.0-18) ?
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀

Jeff63

#3 Post by Jeff63 »

here my kernel version :

"Linux version 6.1.0-20-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-12 (Debian 12.2.0-14) 12.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.40) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.85-1 (2024-04-11)"

I try booting with old .18 one.

Jeff63

#4 Post by Jeff63 »

Re :)

Just done, booted .18 and still no joy :(

I see the samba shares I want but can't log to it, the samba password for this share is rejected...

how can I correct this to get read-write access to my files on the nas ?

Aki
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

#5 Post by Aki »

Jeff63 wrote: 2024-04-27 19:57 Just done, booted .18 and still no joy :(
I see the samba shares I want but can't log to it, the samba password for this share is rejected...
how can I correct this to get read-write access to my files on the nas ?
You reported that the issue appeared after updating TrueNas on you NAS: could it be a TrueNas issue ? Have you searched the TrueNAS bug tracking system ?

Anyway, you can get a trace of the attempt to connect to the samba share using the smbclient program with the maximum verbosity available (use the --debug option, see the manual page). Then, you can analyse it to search for clues. You can share logs in one of the following ways:
  • attaching the logs to a follow-up forum message as a compressed zip or gz file
  • paste logs into the body of a follow-up message between code tags (if they fit the size of a forum message)
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Debian - The universal operating system
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org
⠈⠳⣄⠀