Debian testing with Docker CE packages - apt hangs on updating to Docker 27.3.1?

Off-Topic discussions about science, technology, and non Debian specific topics.
victorhooi

Debian testing with Docker CE packages - apt hangs on updating to Docker 27.3.1?

#1 Post by victorhooi »

I have a Debian testing (Trixie) machine, which has Docker installed from the official Docker repos:

```

Code: Select all

> cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/docker.list
deb [arch=arm64 signed-by=/etc/apt/keyrings/docker.asc] https://download.docker.com/linux/debian   bookworm stable
```

I just ran a sudo apt get, apt dist-upgrade, and apt seemed to hang at this point of the process:

Code: Select all

Setting up iso-codes (4.17.0-1) ...
Setting up libbpf1:amd64 (1:1.4.6-1) ...
Setting up docker-ce (5:27.3.1-1~debian.12~bookworm) ...
^[[A^[[B
I'm also hitting the same issue on another box (amd64, this time) - where apt also seems to hang at that line.

I'm curious if anybody has hit the issue, or might know how to find out what's going on under the hood?

fabien
Forum Helper
Forum Helper

Re: Debian testing with Docker CE packages - apt hangs on updating to Docker 27.3.1?

#2 Post by fabien »

victorhooi wrote: 2024-09-22 13:33 I have a Debian testing (Trixie) machine, which has Docker installed from the official Docker repos:
So this is a problem with a package that is not in Debian. snapshot.debian.org says "404 Not Found No such binary package". Moved from "Debian Development Discussion" to the "Off-Topic" subforum.
You are trying to install a package designed for Bookworm in the testing distribution. Mixing distributions is a recipe for disaster .
ImageShare your Debian SCRIPTS
There will be neither barrier nor walls, neither official nor guard, there will be no more desert and the entire world will become a garden. — Anacharsis Cloots