Scheduled Maintenance: We are aware of an issue with Google, AOL, and Yahoo services as email providers which are blocking new registrations. We are trying to fix the issue and we have several internal and external support tickets in process to resolve the issue. Please see: viewtopic.php?t=158230

Does anyone have success with Intel PRO/wireless 2200BG?

Need help with peripherals or devices?
balutan

Does anyone have success with Intel PRO/wireless 2200BG?

#1 Post by balutan »

I have compiled and installed kernel-2.6.18.1. During make menuconfig, I have selected the option to install (build-in not module) Intel PRO/wireless 2200BG (which my laptop with Centrino uses). After I reboot the system with the new kernel, it still doesn't seem to recognize the hardware. [Gnome] Under Application -> System Tools -> Network Tools, there is no wireless card there for me to choose. Is there something else I need to do to get it working?

I don't need to reinstall gnome after installing a new kernel, do I?

lacek

#2 Post by lacek »

icejsmith

Intel Wireless 2200BG

#3 Post by icejsmith »

I just configured mine under 2.6.17 and it took some doing but I got it and it works well. Iam running a Dell D610-M processor. Can you see your device in /etc/network/interfaces? I did several things to get mine working. Let me know if you need additional help?

xmux

#4 Post by xmux »

Just install the firmware from intel Website, i did it like that! Than its working perfectly!!!
Welcome to Jungle!